Olympus’ Tube End Inspection System (TEIS) offers a solution to conventional tube-manufacturing inspection systems that leave substantial untested lengths at both ends of the pipe. The TEIS provides high-quality phased array (PA) inspection on the untested ends of seamless and welded pipes of various diameters and wall thicknesses (WT), with a detection performance equal to that of our Rotating Tube Inspection System (RTIS). A conventional ultrasonic testing (UT) option is also available.
Turnkey Tube-End Inspection Solution
Key advantages of the TEIS include:
- Accommodates pipe diameters from 60.3 mm (2.37 in.) to 508 mm (20 in.) OD, as well as larger diameter ranges upon request
- Fully automated operation, including calibration and calibration check, reducing the dependency on operator skill
- Detects typical flaws, such as:
- Longitudinal and transverse cracks
- Through-drilled holes (TDHs)
- Lamination defects
- Provides the same inspection quality, reliability, and traceability as our full-body RTIS inspection, including the same software and similar setups
- A mode is available that enables one operator to supervise the inspection of both ends simultaneously
- Top turn signal can also be used for 2D mapping views
- Filtration is built into the system for a small footprint
- The EOT algorithm can be applied for PA inspection to detect transverse defects up to 5 mm (0.2 in.) from the edge
Flexible Configuration, Easy Integration
The TEIS’ integrated calibration station and water circulation system keep the footprint small, enabling manufacturers to easily install the TEIS in any production line. Built to comply with international standards governing pipe manufacturing inspection requirements, this solution can be adapted to meet the varying needs of oil country tubular goods (OCTG) manufacturers.